Tuesday 30 May 2017

HAVING DINNER - GETTING THINNER




I like having a bath and miss it when staying somewhere (like in the Auckland apartment) where there is only a shower.
Every house we've owned we've ensured that we have a nice bathroom. Richard will agree with that as he for one spends a lot of time in the bathroom. We've chosen houses that already have nice bathrooms or, in the case of our Christchurch and Point Chevalier houses, renovated the bathrooms to suit.

When I have a bath (not every day as I alternate with showering), I tend to spend some time in there - reading a book, listening to the radio or music, doing crosswords etc. In my younger days I shared it with a partner and we had a bit of a frolic - but that's another story.

This afternoon I played a few holes of golf. This was the first time since before Christmas and I re-discovered some muscles that hadn't been used for a while. I had a soak in the bath afterwards which was great (except for a neighbour knocking on the door making me have to have a dripping wet conversation on the doorstep. As this might be an on-going situation I'll explain that in a later blog).
I was listening to National Radio where someone said that an hour long hot bath reduced as many calories as a half hour walk!

The radio said that a hot bath burns calories too


Wow! This was news to me - good news.

Now as I said, I'd just spent some time - about an hour and a half - playing golf which involved lots of walking and going up hills (and down into creeks) and, I usually have a bath after going for walks from an hour to two hours so - as I've obviously lost calories through the exercise and am about to lose more through having a long, hot bath, then I need to do something to get back into balance.

Eating.


2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

There's a comedy called "Friday night Dinner" this reminds me of.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Get out of the bath and do some housework, you lazy bugger!