Sunday 14 May 2017

SUPER


"SUPER"


I started the on-line application for NZ Superannuation this weekend.
What a pig of a process!
When I got through it all it seems that I still have to visit the department armed with copies of all sorts of documentation in order to:

  • prove who I am
  • Prove I'm alive
  • Prove who my partner is (why that's relevant god knows)
  • Prove my address
  • Prove my bank account
  • etc.etc.
The documentation has to be original with copies signed and proven by a JP or solicitor or Uncle Tom Cobley.



I can't understand why provision of:

  • Passport number
  • Driving License number or,
  • IRD number
can't suffice.

Sometimes I think we live in a country where bureaucracy has gone mad.




1 comment:

Robert and the Catholics said...

Agree. Bit like trying to get into heaven! There should be an age limit on stress and worrying.