Tuesday 11 July 2017

BILL STICKERS IS INNOCENT!

I've been trawling through the Ministry of Social Development and Inland Revenue websites today, trying to change my tax-code. I have been operating under the IR3 code for self-employment and used this when I set up the New Zealand Superannuation a couple of months ago. I wasn't sure if I'd still be earning or not so put IR3 on the MSD application.

It looks like I won't be earning now so will need to go back to a basic code 'S' or 'M' (not S&M) which means that the take home amount each fortnight will be more than under the IR3 code.

Not this

Now I generally find the IR website pretty good (the MSD less so) but to make this change (and deregister myself from GST) on-line is proving to be problematic. I'll have to go into town tomorrow and (hopefully) do it face to face at each of the departments' offices as the language used on these websites is subject to more than one interpretation. I feel sorry for non-tech savvy people trying to navigate through an increasingly digital world.




1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Poor old Bill. Just signed up myself today. Gold card soon.