Saturday 12 August 2017

CLOSE TO HOME

First screened in 1975


Close To Home was a pioneering New Zealand soap opera that screened in the 1970s.
I'm happy to say that I never watched much of it and never became addicted as some people do to  this kind of rubbish - Shortland Street, Neighbours, Coronation Street, Eastenders etc.

What made me think of it was reading NZ Herald on-line this morning about that nutter who murdered the two women in Whangarei a couple of weeks ago. Apparently he used to live in our street 10 years ago. The Herald report quoted the guy's landlord who is the woman we purchased our home from. She owned a couple of houses in the street at the time so I'm not certain which one he was living in but it could have been ours.

I think I'll look behind some walls and under the house to see if he secreted a guns cache.


4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

It is interesting how many coincidences we dismiss as chance.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What do you mean ( to quote Richard)?
Is it foretold that I should buy a house where a muderer lived?
And is it part of your god's plan that I find a gun hidden in the walls or in the attic?
What next?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Matthew 17:32 And Jacob said to Isiah take me to the gunnery and I hath the power to shoot at targets. I'm a Christian now.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Thanks to Robert's dog. That's dog not god.