Thursday 10 August 2017

HOW TO REALLY BECOME A CYCLIST




Richard (of RBB) wrote a Post on cyclists and cycling. See Here:





Unfortunately it is a bit romanticised which demonstrates the problem with a non cyclist writing a Post like this.
Richard, accomplished as he is in most many some things, never mastered bike riding. The Mr Wobbly nickname he had was unfairly surmised by some to refer to his endomorphic proportions but was in fact due to his unsteadiness on two wheelers.

 I'm a cyclist, or was at school and university and more recently when living in York but I've never ridden machines like he proposes nor worn the sort of clothing that he fantasises about.

Here is a pic of my bike that I just got out of the shed.

Note the pedals on top of the seat. The shippers who sent the bike from the UK to NZ took the pedals off and I haven't been able to put them back on.





Here is a pic of my cycling gear.


In York helmets weren't compulsory like here in NZ but I'll be able to make use of my WW2 NZ army helmet.

I'm considerate of other motorists and have only had one two road rage incidents. One when I was a kid and an old guy ran me over on a pedestrian crossing (I was walking and he was on a bike) and the other was in York when an arsehole driving a Range Rover cut me off.

I hope that this clears up any confusion that Richard's Post has caused.

2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

It has for me. I stay on the foot path or reserves. Though my dog tows me.

Richard (of RBB) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.