Saturday 2 September 2017

THOUSAND MILES FROM NOWHERE....

..... And nowhere I'd rather be.

I'm listening to National Radio's Saturday Night  and after some other great numbers including Peggy Lee's 'Fever' (after which I immediately texted The Old Girl and told her I was thinking of her), along came a track that I was sure was from the Mavericks.

I like the Mavericks and although I haven't listened to them for a while, twenty years ago they used to be on the favourite list:

DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY

It turns out that the song I was listening to was by Dwight Joachim who, although I knew the name don't recall having listened to his music.


DWIGHT JOACHIM


This Saturday night radio programme is good.
A while ago I wrote about it in a somewhat scathing way. See here:


SATURDAY NIGHTS BEING STOLEN


That situation might have been in passing and hopefully the hipsters (who have another twenty years to go before they get nostalgic) have found another radio station to listen to.

I felt tonight, and particularly after the Peggy Lee song which connected me to the love of my life, that we've finally made it in regard to Saturday Night. I'm happy about that.

No comments: