Monday 4 September 2017

TIME TO GET ACERBIC



..................... not on this blog though. I think that I already strike a nice balance between curmudgeonly moaning and cheeriness (a little bit of cheeriness admittedly). No, it's time for me to get a bit more acerbic on my other blog - The Wine Guy.

The current The Wine Guy blog I use is The Wine Guy: http://nzwineguy.blogspot.co.nz.



I've been using this since January 2008.

I also have an express blog THE WINE GUY EXPRESS:http://thenzwineguyexpress.blogspot.co.nz



I set this up in October 2012 because some of my readers (schoolteachers mainly) didn't have enough understanding of wine and the wine industry and were basically lazy readers so I had to create short and pithy posts.

When I was in the UK a couple of years ago I had difficulty accessing my The Wine Guy blog so had to set up another one named The Wine guy NEW: http://thewineguynz.blogspot.co.nz




This is still in existence but I haven't used it since September 2015. Now that I'm back in New Zealand I use The Wine Guy: http://nzwineguy.blogspot.co.nz.

Confused?

Good.

*********

Now, to get back to this post's title 'TIME TO GET ACERBIC'.

I've been in the wine industry (originally the Beer, Wine and Spirit industry) since the early 1970s.
It's a great industry and I've been very lucky in it having contributed well I think and having been well rewarded both financially and by great travel and experience.

This is not to say that the industry is without its faults. It has as many scammers, bastards, idiots and miserable scrotes as any other industry I'm sure. Fortunately they have been more than balanced out by nice people.
Now that I've retired from the industry it's time that I make mention of the scammers, bastards, idiots and miserable scrotes. I've only made some passing remarks about these so far as I was conscious of the fact that I was still working in the industry in full and part time capacity working for legitimate wine companies. Now that I don't have to worry about embarrassing anyone I can talk freely (or as free as the libel laws will allow.) I think that I'll start a series on good people I've had dealings with and another on bad people I've had dealings with.

Feel free to check them out if you want but don't be in a hurry as I haven't written anything yet. With The Old Girl in Canada for the next tree weeks though I might have the time to do so.

I'll put alerts on this post when I've written a The Wine Guy post. OK?