Sunday 15 October 2017

AYE UP


I discovered this DRAFT Post that I never published for some reason. I was writing it when I was in York a couple of years ago:

***********************************

(Initially written 17 August 2015.)

I've given up on using my lap top or iPad to try and write posts.
The lap top won't let me even open up the account and the iPad won't let me post images so I'm using the Old Girl's laptop instead.


York is pretty good although it seems to be full of Yorkshireman.


Everywhere you go there are Yorkshire accents and strange expressions making you feel like you're in one of those TV series.

YORKSHIREMAN


Funny that.


Ee by gum.....Aye up ........going dahn t'nick .....put wood inth'ole    etc.


I've walked around the walls a few times - it's a great way of getting around the city and criss-crossed most of it already. The cobbled streets are a bugger though as I've already twisted a knee which is painful ....that's a threp in't steans .....


It's giving me so much gyp that I bought a bike (a Raleigh mountain bike for 40 quid off an e Bay type site). As the gym we joined is a 25 minute walk away I bike there instead.

The Old Girl is in Copenhagen this weekend so I'm spending time on my own. This isn't a great hardship as there must be a dozen pubs just around the corner - the closest being next door. I'm trying out the local Yorkshire brews and other UK beers as wine by the glass is so expensive here as well as being bloody awful. We are pretty lucky in NZ with pricing and quality choices.





1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

A 'them' from the past.