Saturday 7 October 2017

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ




GOLDEN SLUMBERS (ETC)



I'm finding that I don't sleep as well as I used to.  Last night I woke at 3AM and read until 6.30 before getting an hour and a half sleep before the cat woke me.*



It always annoyed The Old Girl who for years has been a light sleeper or has difficulty sleeping to see me drop off very quickly and sleep right through my 8 hours or so.



Now it seems that the score is being evened. Why? I don't know. Getting old I suppose or it could be due to the fact that I don't have many commitments during the day and can have a catnap or snooze whenever I like. I'm finding that if I sit down and read or listen to the radio in the afternoon I often drop off for a half hour or so.

The Old Girl listens to audio books during the night when she can't sleep and drops off after a half hour or so. I've tried that and do in fact drop off but as the audio book continues to play I get annoyed at having to rewind to find the last place in the book that I remember. T.O.G. says that you can set a 15 minute cut-off on the iPhone but as a luddite this is a bit technologically challenging for me.

****************************************

We use the Overdrive app on our iPhones and iPads to access written and audio books free from the library. All you require is a library card from which you apply the membership number to the app. There are thousands of titles to be accessed across all genres and right up to the most recent releases. I haven't purchased a book for years now and manage to read at least one a week. T.O.G. gets through about three audio books a week. I thoroughly recommend this service.















* No doubt that Richard would recommend I re-read some of my previous posts.




6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I prefer this post to the one about the chair blowing over. The rest of your posts are just a blur.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...


Thanks I love audio books too. I'll check out Overdrive.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Blur?

You mean this?


https://youtu.be/YSuHrTfcikU

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Robert - try this:

https://youtu.be/kI4rrTPFVd4

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Yes. All the people and God is present in Saint Ronans.
I sit. I cross my self. And wait.
I empty my mind.
I imagine God smiling.
I wait.
His Angels are busy but one of his creations waits patiently.
He smiles.
He smiles because I love Him.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Or, the ALT version:

Yes. All the people and God are present in Saint Onan's.
I shit and I wet myself. And wait.
I empty my bowels and bladder
and I imagine God smiling.
I wait and have a wank (It's Saint Onan's after all)
His Angels are busty but one of his creations waits patiently for her breasts to develop.
He smirks.
He smirks because he loves to see his devotees sitting in discomfort.