Friday 25 November 2011

STRANGE PHONE CALLS

Have you ever had a weird phone call? The one where the person on the other end doesn't seem quite right? I wrote a post on one a couple of years ago, see here:

http://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.com/2009/06/trust.html

Tonight when I got home after being away all week there was a single message on the answer phone. "Remember to mow the lawns" the voice said and nothing else. What the hell was that. This disembodied voice is what? My conscience? The neighbourhood home and garden club? A motor-mower salesman? No. On listening again I recognised the voice as belonging to none other than Richard (of RBB). Has anyone else received strange big-brotherly comments from him?

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I was ringing to see how your job was going. I guess I was a little disappointed when I realised that you were out playing golf, or something, when you should have been mowing the lawns. They grow quickly this time of the year. I guess I imagined your good lady coming home, after a hard week in Auckland, only to find the place overgrown. I hope the lawns get done this weekend.

THE WINE GUY said...

Disembodied - Richard? Now there's an oxymoron.

Richard (of RBB) said...

No, you're the moron, The Wine Guy!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Ah, school-yard banter. Don't you just love it?