Saturday 28 July 2012

CASHIERED?

Years ago, when I first met The Old Girl I was privileged to be invited into one of the highest orders in the world. I received the title of 'Honorary Woman'.

This is not the same title as defined in the Urban Dictionary see: HERE

It is more like the concept mentioned : HERE


This title was not given lightly and to my knowledge few men in the circle we were in were ever given it.

The Old Girl's friends of women and wimmin were impressed by my sensitivity and caring and, although suspicious of my intentions at first, soon realised that I was a nice person and just what The Old Girl deserved and needed.

There was no formal ceremony of investiture but there was an obvious opening of the ranks and acceptance into the inner sanctum.

This has (or so I thought) continued for many years and became one of those badges of honour we win or earn and put away in a drawer somewhere and quietly forget about.

I was surprised this evening when The Old Girl was watching When Harry Met Sally on TV and I said that Meg Ryan was a hopeless actress. She said that Ryan was 'The Queen of Rom. Coms' and I responded that  I didn't know because I didn't watch Rom. Coms. It was then that the Old Girl said the immortal words "That's why you are no longer an Honorary Woman".

What?

I was gob-smacked.



When did I cease being an HW?

I asked "When did I cease being an HW?"

She said that recently I was becoming too 'blokey' and so  the title had been withdrawn.

WTF?

Surely one should be notified of such things.
What about a formal letter, a notice in the newspaper ...... even an e-mail.


No. This closed and secret society called Womanhood doesn't formally withdraw privileges, they can just informally be withdrawn by any of the paid up members and through some invisible and incomprehensible link it seems that all of Sisterhood somehow agrees and bingo. You are out.

I asked if I was suspended or out for good.
The Old Girl said that she would take it into consideration.

I guess I'm on some kind of parole.


3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Okay, just let me get this straight, when you were a bit younger you thought that you understood women; well enough that you could slip into their inner circle? What sort of a fool are you!?
Comeinyourpants is an honorary woman?
If there was ever a chance that you were really one with women (which there isnt), you'd notice the colours of their outfits and not their obvious shape advantages. You'd notice what top went with which skirt and not how much cleavage was available.
Comeinyourpants, the simple truth is that you were kidding yourself and they led you on because women like to keep men confused. Open your eyes man! Only gay men understand women because they haven't got other things (determined by biology) on their minds.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

You're lucky to have been ejected.

Goodness knows what might have happened to you if you hadn't been.

Knitting?
Neddlepoint?
Enjoying shopping for 4 hours for a pair of shoes in just that certain shade of Peach?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes. It had its advantages when I was younger but, as you correctly identify, the more recent activities are a bit dull.