Saturday 22 September 2012

OBJECTIONABLE CLOTHING



Well if this Post was about fashion then stubbies would surely be the second most most objectionable form of clothing in living memory but I have another agenda.

There certainly have been unusual things worn through the ages which fortunately disappear after a short term - one of the (few) benefits of the fashion industry.

There are other forms of clothing and bodily adornment that have less to do with fashion and more to do with power, political orientation or religion.

This:


is about 'ownership' of women and is extremely objectionable.
(Note that I could have used an image of an actual chastity belt from the middle ages but this one is more attractive and, taking a leaf out of RBB's book, it may help ratings)


And this:



is similar in its gender/political/power origins although our super-sensitive Muslim brothers will not recognise that.

This:


is the downside of extreme Christianity and an inculcated belief that man is a sinner and needs to be punished for basic humanity. Odious? Yes and unfortunately most religions still push this crap into the brains of innocents.

Intolerance knows many forms and has over the ages dressed itself in many uniforms.

Remember this?




And this?





And now we have this:



These uniforms are intended to: be badges of honour; intimidate others; show belonging to a band, club or belief. They are ugly in the extreme and thankfully two of them have been outlawed and almost eradicated.

I said in the beginning that this Post was not about fashion but to me, the most objectionable item of clothing, uniform, badge of honour or belief is ......................

The hoodie



This ugly piece of fashion pushed stubbies into second place!

Now I'm not a fashion conscious person (look through my previous posts and you will see what I wear) and I don't take much notice of what other people wear. The hoodie though is very much noticed by me and not only because it is so prevalent.

The hoodie is breaking the rules. It has been around now for much longer than fashion dictates. It has ceased to be an item of fashionable clothing and is becoming a badge, and identification of a way of life.

It pisses me off!

Nothing raises my ire more than seeing a bunch of teenagers slouching around in their hoodies.


Sure, I know they would still be slouching around without their hoodies on but to me, somehow, the hoodie encapsulates everything that is wrong with modern society, disaffected youth, lazy bastards, people who have no respect for culture, society, laws and decency. Lack of ethics in short.

Phew! Got that off my chest. I know that not only teenagers wear hoodies and I am also getting pissed off at seeing older people wearing them and parents buying the bloody things for their children.

What's next? Hoodies for pets?


6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yeah, good on you The Curmudgeon, I feel the same.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I totally agree.

Hoodies are the pits.

I must admit that I do own a hooded sweatshirt, but I must emphasise that IDON'T WEAR THE HOOD UP.

I bought it for the warmth and comfort, and use the hood as an extra scarf around my neck, but never over my head.

Robert and the Catholics said...

You don't mention black stockings and mini!
Why should another dress to please the other?
I went shopping today in 3/4 pants, black top, fawn walk socks and tramping boots!
I'm just shopping. Why should i dress to try to please anyone else who might walk by?
I kind of think there is a thing that is hard to define but is in our psych that we own other people.
We drive along scrutinizing everyone when in truth it is none of our business.. that person in the hoody is a complete stranger who we we will never see again ...

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK Second.
Take some deep breaths and read the Post again.
It is not fashion I'm talking about.
I go into town wearing shorts T-shirt and slippers.
Its the 'statement' that is of concern.
If you want to see them as strangers you will never see again so be it but in 1930 what would you have thought about those brownshirts that everone started to wear?

Robert and the Catholics said...

As a german youth, hungry and jobless after the impossible demands the the winners of the first world war put upon the Reich...I might have thought ok maybe there is a way out of this poverty!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Slippery slope my friend.
Just use your voting power and get Key, his obsequious mates and corrupt business partners out of power.