Wednesday 5 June 2013

RAIN

We had a cracker of a long weekend. Friends from Auckland came and stayed and thankfully Northland put on a show for them. No wind, sunny skies and not too cold. We walked and enjoyed the holiday.
This was good as these friends have visited a lot over the last few years and see our place as their second home. They will miss it as much as we will over the next couple of years.

Yesterday it started raining and is continuing today.


I don't mind the rain generally. It's nice being inside, hearing the rain on the roof while reading a book but I need to be doing things outside. I need to clear out the shed and under the house and to take things to the hospice store and the tip. Bugger.

I'm busy sorting out files inside the house and packing cartons with glassware, ornaments and bits and pieces for storage. I can get a lot done but the temptation is there to turn on the TV and waste time.  I just watched One Foot In The Grave which still wears well after many years.

After blogging this I'll stay on the computer and try and sort out, change and cancel accounts such as telecommunications, electricity, insurance, banking, car registrations, health insurance, car parking contracts, mortgage, taxation, credit cards, rental agreements .... the list goes on and on.

Still, it's a nice day for it.


No comments: