Saturday 9 November 2013

FRIDAY EVENING ALREADY

This week has been a bit of a nothing. I've had a bloody cold all week. Bastard! I try to keep fit (lots of walking and there's a gym in the building which I use 5 or 6 days a week) but here, when it gets cold the buildings are all overheated so when you go out you go from freezing to boiling to freezing when you enter and exit a building, shop or metro station. I think that' s why I got another cold.



Anyway, I dosed up on a strange version of lemsip, had some whiskies and watched a lot of DVD's I got from the library. We have a TV but haven't bothered getting it connected to cable so just use it for DVD watching. The libraries here (I use about four of them that are close to subway stations) have good selections that are free for 7 days. Great. Last night watched a  French film set in Iran named Poulet et Prunes (Chicken with Plums). It's about a violinist. Richard and Robert would like it. He's depressed and dies.

The cold has gone (hopefully) so when The Old Girl gets back from work we'll go out to a wine bar or something.

Hey Ho. Busy, busy, busy...


1 comment:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

"He's depressed and dies."
Seems true of performers in general.