Sunday 8 February 2015

WHO ARE YOU GOING TO CALL*

* Grammatically correct version of a famous cinematic tag-line.

I've been working .....


Yes, smart-arses, working today on a sales and marketing plan.
Yes I know it's Sunday and yes I know that I don't get paid on weekends but it's something that needs to be done and I felt like doing it. OK?

To be honest this last week has been a bit slow and I've struggled to fill in the 4 hours a day that I get paid for so when the boss on Thursday asked for help in doing the business plan I jumped at it.
Most of the work was done while watching the Rugby Sevens on TV so no real down time lost.

Anyway, no thanks to your interruption, I've been finishing up the spreadsheets and narrative today (no TV but listening to good music) and doing some domestic jobs.
One of them was filling the dishwasher and setting it to wash. I haven't used the machine for about 4 months preferring to hand wash small amounts of dishes as I go but this time I'd accumulated quite a few bits and pieces as a result of being engrossed by the rugby on TV and knocking together the work documents.

The machine worked OK but on opening it and clearing the dishes I noticed an oozy slime that had seeped out onto the floor. It was viscous and a pale white, almost transparent colour.
The mind boggles as to what it was but my innate politeness and Puritanism preferred to identify it as ectoplasm.



I know who I'm going to call.








2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

'Who are you going to call' needs a question mark.
One of these things - ?
Please be more careful with your grammar in future (not to be confused with Grandma).

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I've just given my poltergeist your address.