Friday 17 June 2016

DOING A RICHARD

.... sorry about the title. On re-reading it it seems a bit scatological.

What I refer to is the fact that Richard (of RBB) over the last few years has been very caring and considerate to his elderly aunt, visiting her, taking her out on jaunts and bringing her to his home for dinners and special occasions. It is very admirable.

Now I'm not good with elderly people and children. I never know what they eat, want to do, what to say to them etc. To me they're scary.



The Old Girl arrived back in Auckland from Adelaide yesterday where she'd been working for a couple of weeks. She's flying up here today and bringing her elderly (mid 80s) aunt with her for a visit.
That's fine I like aunty Alison (name left the same to avoid confusion). She's been here before several times and likes it. There's plenty of room for her and the weather is still nice although getting cooler. I'll light the wood burner at the end of the house where she will be staying and keep it going while she's here.

That's all good,

The thing is though that the Old Girl will be going back to Auckland on Sunday and leaving her aunty Alison here..

LEAVING HER HERE.

WITH ME.

FOR 3 WEEKS!

I'll have to make sure that I have the fridge and pantry stocked as to be honest I'm a bit casual in that regard.
I'll have to keep the house tidy.
I'll have to keep an eye on how many bottles of wine I open although Alison does imbibe thank god. She likes Pinot gris I think like the Old Girl and drinks vodka and lemonade. Yes, Richard lemonade although this is with vodka not mixed in with Chateau Margaux.

The Old Girl better get up here each weekend. That's all I'm saying.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Keep life simple old guy. Ply her with alcohol. Just check on her posts - I'm asuming she has a blog.

Bin Hire said...

Good on you The Curmudgeon!

Bin Hire said...

Is The Wine Guy still around? He hasn't posted for ages.