Friday 12 June 2009

TRUST




The other night when we came home The Old Girl checked the phone messages and stood listening with an amused expression on her face. She called me over and replayed the message which went along these lines. "Hello Lynn. Your husband is having an affair with my wife. I caught them". The voice was slurred and youngish. It could have been a hoax perpetrated by some drunken idiots or it could be a lot sadder with someone going through the phone books searching for the name he knows. Our answerphone message is "Lynn and Peter are not here..." so that is why he had Lynn's name. Lynn didn't kick me in the goolies as she knows that I would not cheat on her. A phone message like this could however have disastrous consequences if the recipients were in a shaky relationship or one that was full of doubt and mistrust.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynn knows The The that there's not much lead The The left in the old pencil The The.
The The The Guy

Richard (of RBB) said...

Anyone who knew you as a youngster would know that you had extreme difficulty trying to bed women and would laugh at this message.

Anonymous said...

I thought he was very nice, a bit shy and reserved but beddable. Unfortunatey he went about with some real losers.

- A long time admirer.

Anonymous said...

I really liked the Curmudgeon when he was a young man. To get close to him I went out with one of his loser friends - a horrible guy who had been kicked out of the student union for something or other. Boy, the things we do for love.

Mary A.

Anonymous said...

Comeinyourpants did just that, on the occasions that I went out with him. Oh, and he liked to touch my tits - as far as he ever got.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Comeinyourpants, did you mean 'trust' or 'thrust' when you titled this post?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Mmmm...looks like anonymous' style is the same as Richard's - a la toilet seat.

Anonymous said...

"Lynn didn't kick me in the goolies"
Because she The The knew that in The The a recession The The no one should pick on The The the unemployed!
The The The Guy

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Oh well. Your right hand is at risk then.

Anonymous said...

I'm The The left handed! The The Got you there The The!
The The The Guy

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well if your hand movements are as jerky as your speech I'm sure you have fun.