Saturday 13 June 2009

SHOO - BEGONE!


Richard (fairly) accused me of overusing the word 'scatology'.
I used 'scatological' in my previous post so apologise for that.
I was thinking about the word and it came to mind that one of the most dire forms of music (except for Polka and any bass solo's) is Scat.
Wikipedia describes scat as "a kind of vocal improvisation common in jazz"
The godawful Mel Torme made a career of it and even greats like Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra dabbled.
The person who penned the name may well have been an inspired cynic with a great understanding of language.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"and any bass solo's"
This is bad grammer - dee dee dee do dee da doo!


Word verification was 'somod'.
I think God might be sending you a cryptic message from Mel.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"...do dee da doo!"

Doo doo! See, scatological.

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Doo doo! See, scatological."
Up your arse.