Tuesday 8 December 2009

AN APOLOGY IN ADVANCE


Christmas is almost here and once again I won't be properly prepared for it. It is very unlikely that I will send out Christmas cards; I will not create a Christmas letter; I will forget to buy presents for some people; I will forget to telephone others; I will most likely get grumpy later in the afternoon on Christmas Day; I will probably drink more than is good for me; it is possible that I will say 'Bah Humbug' at least once over the Christmas weekend.

I know that this will annoy and even upset some people. I will be adding to the sense of loneliness and isolation that some frail souls feel. They will feel neglected and be miserable.

I should do something to stop this happening but I am lazy and self-centred. It will be my fault entirely.

I am truly sorry for what I will do and I beg you all to forgive me for this.

I promise that next year I will be better organised and that this will not happen again.

I will try and make up for my actions, perhaps by purchasing some gifts in the New Year sales or sending out an Easter card.

Mea Culpa.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apology accepted on behalf of all mankind.
You should see Richard on Christmas day after he's cooked the roast and entertained Aunty and Uncle.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Ian never promises this much.
Bin Hire

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have done better myself.

-Hone Harawira

Anonymous said...

"I couldn't have done better myself."

I fact you didn't.

- Turia

Anonymous said...

Well said Turia. Come back - all is forgiven (and Helen has gone).

- Phil

LibraryGirl62 said...

Stumbled across your blog and all I can say is...I am right beside you in the line, my friend! Have a happy anyway :)