Thursday 25 March 2010

OUR DAILY BREAD



I bought a bread-maker recently. A damn good one (was $265 - on special for $160). I've been making bread on average twice every 3 days (small loaves). The quality is amazing and as the machine is very versatile I can make all sorts of breads both gluten and gluten-free. Lynn has in the past got a bit of indigestion from bread but hasn't so far from my bread. I haven't worked out the savings yet as I didn't buy it for that reason but quickly looking at it we should save about $500 per year. We have been spending about $15 or more per week which is about $800 per year before specialty breads, bread rolls, pizza bread etc. The machine cost $160  and the ingredients  possibly 50c max. per loaf which for say 4 loaves per week is $2 or approximately $100 per year. The sums seem to add up but the flavour, versatility and convenience is the real winner.

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I think it's time to move on from Rotary and get a proper job. Give the bread making machine to the Sallies.