Wednesday 3 March 2010

HEY HO, HEY HO, ITS OFF TO WORK I GO...

Not of the paid variety unfortunately but I am filling in time helping out with a fundraising project seeking to raise $3m. There are some very dedicated locals here doing good work and I am helping where I can. It is a wonderful insight into how New Zealand actually works. In a country of 4 million people Government cannot earn enough revenue to fund everything so additions to schools, hospitals and the like need to be funded by community based projects. It is amazing how individuals and businesses large and small give money, time, labour, product and services to help out in worthwhile causes. It makes one proud to be a kiwi.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Please tell me that you haven't joined Rotary or Lions!
Please not a Blokes' Shed!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No. Not Rotary or Lions. I have never been a 'joiner'. I never wanted to be a boy scout. This is a group of people raising money for a hospital. No badges, funny hats or weird handshakes.

Anonymous said...

I could teach you an Arabian handshake.
Bin Hire

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"I could teach you an Arabian handshake."

As long as its not your left hand.