Sunday 26 February 2012

END OF SUMMER

I was all set to go for a swim today after our walk.
I even put the swim-gear on:

Note the 'rashy' swim top to protect from salt spray and sun. The hat to keep the fierce rays from burning and the designer swim goggles aerodynamically designed to make me faster in the water. All set to go.

The Old Girl walked out into the water to waist depth before diving in and swam off to the diving platform anchored in the bay.
I stepped into the water ........ it was bloody freezing!



I scarpered back into the house with the Old Girl's shouts of 'Chicken!" ringing in my ears.

When she eventually got out of the water and came inside she called me a 'Big Wussy Pants'.
She obviously is still unaware that blokes have got very special parts that do not take well to being immersed in very cold water!

It seems to me that our short-lived Summer is fading away as the bay's water temperature is a sure sign of approaching Autumn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you wearing flippers?

Richard (of RBB) said...

The goggles make you look intelligent. No, just kidding.

Richard (of RBB) said...

The goggles make you look intelligent. No, just kidding.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I don't like the goggles. i prefer the giggles.
Ever seen Richard in tights?