Sunday 16 October 2016

SECOND LETTER TO THE CORINTHIANS








Macedonia
57 AD.




Hi Corinthians.

I know, I know - I promised to write a bit sooner but things have been a bit hectic you know.
You can see by the heading that I'm now in Macedonia and it's a bit freaky here. I've been into the spirits a bit - they give life don't you know. Raki, ouzo, a bit of schnapps - they can brew up a mean cocktail here.

Anyway, I was reminded to write when I received a misdirected letter from some freak named Richard. It came from Ephesus but I think that this guy is one of those Huns or a Visigoth or something. He was banging on about personal hygiene and hangovers for some reason - a bit of a ramble anyway. Between you and me I think he drinks a bit too much as he seemed a bit addled. He was bagging me a bit and I think that this is why he wrote the wrong address on the letter. The postman eventually delivered it to me.

Here's a copy if you're interested although for the life of me I don't know why you would be.




Quite frankly I think that this letter is deadly. Just saying. You'd better have a glass of something when reading it as "for the letter brings death, but the Spirit gives life." 


The boss has been on at me again to give you guys some messages. OK, bear with me and let's get it over with. He says that he likes a cheerful giver. Well he would wouldn't he. He's all 'take take take' that one. When I asked him why he doesn't just give the poor some spandoulaks instead of pulling out that old 'die for you' party trick of his he went very quiet. So did that fawning acolyte of his, Robert.
I told him that people will think he's mean and a bit weak and guess what? - he had to come back with one of his clever little contradictions - 'weakness is strength' or something. Bollocks! (Hey, don't tell him I said that). Still on the old money thing he said "My grace is sufficient for thee". Just bloody justification for being a miser I reckon.

He also reminded me to tell you that his dad has given us The Holy Ghost as a pledge so that we fully possess the promise of god for forgiveness of sins, redemption and salvation - blah, blah, blah. Just another bouncy cheque I reckon. The only worthwhile pledge would be one that the old soak Richard the Hun should take if he keeps waking up with a hangover and dirty hands.


Look, got to go, stay safe and look out for the Visigoths.



Paul






No comments: