Saturday 22 October 2016

PUSHING THE BOAT OUT

The Old Girl has been in Adelaide for two weeks. She comes back on Sunday and I'll drive down to Auckland to meet her at the airport.

Meanwhile this is the start of the second weekend that I'm on my own. Boys night in. Yay!

I've opened a bottle of chardonnay - Villa Maria Cellar Selection Hawkes Bay and will enjoy that with dinner (Salmon/potato hash cakes and vegetables).

Bring on the dancing girls!



Well, unfortunately, out here in the sticks, there aren't a lot of dancing girls and if there were they wouldn't meet Donald Trump's expectations.



So ..... instead I got the old antique, wind-up record player going.
This is a His Master's Voice one that was given to us by someone we know in Aberdeen. We shipped it over with some other possessions a couple of years ago along with a lot of very old records (78's and older). We keep it in the snooker room and it looks really good in there.

Here is something to get you going.







It's going to be a hot time in the old town tonight.



4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

It won't be that hot a time, just saying.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That was last night.
Tonight my sister and 3 nieces are coming around for tea.
We'll play snooker and listen (yes you heard it right) listen to the All Blacks vs Australia game on the radio.
We don't have TV and I've got an old valve radio so it'll be like in the old days with Winston McCarthy - "Wait for it....wait for it"

Richard (of RBB) said...

I stand (well sit, actually) corrected. Enjoy your night.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I think that it would be a great evening to have one of those old phongraphs and sit around playing them!