Thursday 14 September 2017

*WARNING, WARNING*

Beware this little bastard:




I bought a bottle at Countdown supermarket yesterday and opened it and started sipping while cooking dinner last night - fettuccine with pesto, pinenuts and parmesan.

Normally about $24 Countdown had this on special at $19.

This wine is peachy and creamy to the nth degree. It is so easy to drink that it slips down without you realising how much you've drunk. The Wine Guy will be able to wax lyrical on this but I'm just reporting my experience. I hadn't even poured what I consider to be a whole glassful, instead just splashing some into the glass as I cooked.

Fettuccine with pesto isn't a gourmet feast. It takes only about ten minutes from go to whoah but when my meal was ready I saw that I'd drink more than three quarters of a bottle of this slippery rascal.

I have to play tennis this morning and will be moving a bit slow (slower).

Beware

4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Oh dear.
Maybe that's why Sauvignon Blanc's are so popular.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, pissy smelling and sour tasting sauvignon blanc is popular - just like National has been for the last decade.

It figures.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Wow!
I just had the last glass from the bottle. This is seriously good chardonnay. I recommend it particularly at $19.
It has a lot of similarities to its 'big brother' Te Mata Elston Chardonnay which is usually around $40.

I'd like to have more but I have to go to a Citizen's Association Meeting tonight.
(Just part of what us lazy unemployed people do Robert).

Richard (of RBB) said...

Will you ever update this blog? Shouldn't The Wine Guy be writing about wine?