Thursday 28 September 2017

BIG PANIC UP NORTH



I'd had a reasonably nice day, playing tennis in the morning and doing some gardening in the afternoon and taking garden rubbish to the tip.

I was sitting down at 4PM contemplating steak and a baked potato for tea and planning on opening a bottle of Pinot Noir.

Then a text came from The Old Girl:

"I'm just leaving Auckland now and the bus should arrive at just before 7"

WTF! I thought that she was arriving from Auckland at 4PM - TOMORROW!
A hasty response confirmed that I was wrong. As usual. At least she didn't call me at 7PM asking where the hell I was. There is that.

I did a whirlwind job of showering, changing the bedsheets, cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming, tidying the various rooms, putting away dishes etc.



The Old Girl has been away in Australia and Canada and stayed in Auckland last weekend so hasn't been up here for a month. Now I'm not a great housekeeper so ..... the place was a mess.
It's looking a lot better now at 5.20PM (and so am I now that I am showered and shaved and looking and smelling lovely). I'll head in to town at 6PM to get some provisions and meet her at the bus stop.


5 comments:

Robert and the Catholics said...

She's a lovely lady and deserves better than you.

Angry Jesus said...

Slowly, slowly TC. The trick is to listen and not talk. You can do this! Wine must be on site (talk to The Wine Guy for advice). This advice is why R(of RBB) is always here for you. Step forward, young fellow. Buon fortuno!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"She's a lovely lady and deserves better than you."

Steady on Robert. That's a bit rough. If you don't watch out I'll show her that comment and then you'll be for it.


Angry Jesus said...

Sorry, that above comment was by Richard (of RBB). Not me.

Angry Jesus said...

I've left some words of advice on my blog for how to behave while Richard (of RBB) is away.