Saturday 15 December 2012

FINDING MY RELIGION



(Apologies to R.E.M.)

I awoke this morning to a dazzlingly beautiful day. It is one that makes an old atheist like me think of a deity.



I sat on the deck having my morning cup of tea (Irish Breakfast with soy milk) and the R.E.M. song came into my mind particularly the lyrics:

"Life is bigger
It's bigger than you
And you are not me"

OK, I know, R.E.M. lyrics are cryptic and obtuse but for some reason it hit the spot with me.

Actually the song is nothing to do with losing religion. Apparently its just an expression meaning to be at one's wits end. It is about obsession.

So obviously nothing to do with finding religion either ......


Um......

Nice song though.





1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well, it's good to see you posting.