Sunday 12 September 2021

SEND IN THE CLEAN UP CREW

 I bought a weekly 'Fan Pass' via SKY Sports today. This is so I can watch the All Blacks vs Pumas match on TV live tonight. It costs $20 for a week but that one rugby game is all I want to use it for. I figure that $20 is OK for a top class live match but I do wish that they had a 'Pay to view' option for single events that was a bit cheaper - say $10.

More of this please.

And less of this.

I hope that Richard is going to do the same and not rely on catching up with the game afterwards as, inevitably you can see the result before viewing when you do that. At least, that happens to me. 

I'm pretty certain that Robert won't be watching the game going by his recent comments relating to last week's All Blacks vs Wallabies match.


Robert the apathetic sinner 

"Rugby is a silly game in which grown men pursue a profit by pretending they represent a country which is happy to kill the unborn."


Let's see what the law is regarding abortion in Argentina:

Abortion in Argentina is legal on demand in the first 14 weeks of gestation. The abortion law was liberalized (sic) after the Voluntary Interruption of Pregnancy Bill (Argentina) was passed by the National Congress in December 2020. According to the law, any woman can request the procedure at any public or private health facility. Doctors are legally bound to either perform it or, if they are conscientious objectors, refer the patient to another physician or health facility.  - Wikipedia


Uh oh. I guess that Argentina is another Catholic country that Robert won't be emigrating to. I think that he's running out of options

He could try El Salvador, Nicaragua, or the Dominican Republic in South and Central America. These have the bonus of being Catholic countries but can be a mite dangerous and if he didn't get shot, stabbed or macheted to death might contract Covid. 

There are some African countries he might consider like Angola, Egypt, Republic of Congo or Senegal but I doubt that he'd like it there.

The Middle East and the sub-continent is a possibility with Iraq and now Afghanistan joining Pakistan in prohibition but good luck with him banging on about god, Jesus and the holy ghost in those countries.

The Philippines, some Pacific Island nations and a few in South East Asia prohibit abortions but they probably condone sex-trafficking and a lot of other nasty things so I wouldn't recommend it.

There a re a few minor European countries that have outright prohibition but none of these speak Latin. It's a pity that he didn't follow Richard's example and learn Italian as he might get by in Malta which has very repressive ant-abortion laws.

No, it really looks like Robert's best option is The Vatican. They are anti-abortion there, speak Latin in some circles and are extremely tolerant of priests and other religious people fiddling with little boy's genitals.





15 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I think $20 is a very good price to see a lot of grown men chasing a ball and not having abortions. If I went to a bar, I'd have a few wines at $10 each and have to get a taxi home. Sitting on my couch with a $15 bottle of Hawke's Bay chardonnay is a very pleasant way to watch a lot of grown men chasing a ball and not having abortions.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

As Curmudgeon came out womb of mum,
He cried and doctor struck his bum;
Glad am I he thought be born,
So many babes are sad forlorn.

I must be blessed, but naught will rest
Till fructus ventris none survive;
I'll live and say that I am best
To hell with life I am alive.

A tiny child within a womb,
Became the saviour of the world;
Yet Curmudgeon sang a carol true
On Christmas day, on Christ's birthday!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

A poet named Robert the apathetic sinner
Thought that his pro-abortion poem would be a winner
But try as he might
His verses were trite
He'd have been better off telling us about his dinner

Richard (of RBB) said...

Thinking he was right,
Robert set out on abortion to teach,
Though born with a cock,
The female body was out of his reach.
He read the bible
And studied Genesis but
Half of his problem
Came from penises.

Richard (of RBB) said...

South Africa lost. 😁😄

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK.
Thanks for that. I guess I don't have to watch the replay now and maybe I can now read/listen to/watch the news as it doesn't matter if I hear the score.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Anymore.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Happy to have helped.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK, but what were Grumpy, Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Sneezy and Sleepy doing?

Richard (of RBB) said...

I don't know. Maybe waiting for a new post?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sheesh! The Curmudgeon is back on the chilled red wine!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Why six dwarfs? Who was the seventh?

Richard (of RBB) said...

You missed out Happy!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Ah, now I get it! You were asking about the other 6 dwarfs when I mentioned Happy. Very good!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Don't forget to pick up that penny.