Sunday 1 February 2015

SO WHAT'S NEW?

For me the most exciting thing that's happened this week is that I rented a lock-up.

Living in a small apartment means that you can't keep a lot of stuff around you.

I like a lot of stuff.



Initially I rented a lock-up in one of those storage companies. this was OK but was a few kilometres away which made it a chore getting things in and out. I need the space for wine samples as much as for my personal stuff.



During the week a locker came up for rent in our building and I jumped at the chance. It costs $30 a week which is cheaper than the commercial one I was renting. I checked it out and signed the contract.
Today I took suitcases, wine, excess furniture, winter clothes, bits and pieces down to it. This is easy as it is right next to the lifts in the garage area and very close to my car-park. Perfect.

The lock-up is a very large storage room with lots of shelving. It is much better than I was expecting.



It's about a quarter the size of our apartment too so who knows, if Richard (of RBB) visits again he could stay in it.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Will it be like sleeping at Hargraves St in the 1970s?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Actually it'll be much better but there aren't any toilet facilities so you'll just have to hold it in until you get upstairs to our apartment.