Monday 28 September 2009

...DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL BE BACK AGAIN..


The Old Girl went to Christchurch this morning on the 6.40AM flight. She'll be there for a couple of days on business. Last week it was Rotorua and a couple of weeks ago it was Wellington. Air travel, indeed any sort of travel is so commonplace nowadays that we no longer think that of it as special. When I was younger it was special. Even when I was at University if I went anywhere it would have to involve the relatives at the destination meeting me at the airport and farewelling me there as well. I couldn't go anywhere without my mother saying "you must call in on Aunty So and So". As I've said before - things have changed and not necessarily for the better.

7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

If you're going to do Robert style posts, can you throw in an interesting bit of grammar now and again?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Practice your bass playing you procrastinator

Richard (of RBB) said...

Shouldn't it be 'practise'?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Anyway, the title to this post was leading - it sounded like you were buggering off. I was disappointed.

Richard (of RBB) said...

leading? I meant 'misleading'.
There, even I can make a mistake.

JESSICA said...

Are you infallible or inflatable?

Anonymous said...

You back yet, Comeinyourpants?
Bin Hire