Wednesday 30 September 2009

"GET A GIG....GET A GIG"


Things are a bit slow in picture framing world which is a natural follow on from the recession. I guess that framing pictures is not high on the list of essential household spending. The heavy rain that we have been experiencing also means that customers don't want to bring their artwork out (except for watercolours and that 'Monsoon Girl' print. Ha Ha ... that was picture framing humour).


I was talking to Richard of Richard's Bass Bag (the original one) today and he unwittingly (easy for him to do - ed) gave me a good idea - busking. Richard said that he is going to do some busking including performing in restaurants. I thought that if restaurant customers could sit there and be rendered senseless by listening to boring bass playing then why can't they sit there and be entertained in other mind-numbing ways. The answer is a picture framing demonstration. I think I'll pack up some materials and go visit some restaurants and pitch my idea to them.

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

'pitch' was a good word to use. I suggest you stand across the road from the restaurant, call to them, and then pitch the frames at them. Then run.