Saturday 30 January 2010

MISSPENT YOUTH REVISITED


A dream of mine has been to own a house that is big enough to house a snooker table without having to sacrifice normal living space. We have realised that in buying a large villa that has a lovely large room at the back of the house that is not directly required as a living room or a bedroom. Lynn generously suggested that this could be my snooker/billiards room when we first looked at the house and today we installed the snooker table (a 9ft beauty only just smaller than a full size model). Full credit to Swasbrooks who I bought it from. Yesterday when negotiating a purchase, delivery and installation when asked when I wanted it I said 'tomorrow morning' expecting a laugh from the other end of the phone line. "No problem' was the answer and this morning Barry and George brought it along and installed the slate based monster. They are very professional and carefully positioned and evened it up over a 3 hour period. Fabulous service when you consider that they drove up from Auckland to do this. Thanks also to Lynn who cheerfully agreed to the purchase even though we have kind of used up all our money with the house and relocation. Oh, well, a job for me will be next on the agenda if I can drag myself away from the table.

6 comments:

Nicola said...

It looks fantastic, and a lot of fun. You just need a tuxedo and a light hanging from the ceiling.

I trust that you won't be starting a Curmudgeon's Billiards' Bag blog (or three) and going to Billiards Camp '10?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Why would I hang my tuxedo from the ceiling? I find that it sits perfectly well on the clothes hanger in the wardrobe.

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Why would I hang my tuxedo from the ceiling? I find that it sits perfectly well on the clothes hanger in the wardrobe."
If it sits on a coat hanger it's a pretty unusual tuxedo. Are you sure it's not a white sports coat?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. It looks fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Why do I always end up with last say? Someone could comment "Robert,Nicola already said that , for goodness sake say something original".

Nicola said...

Richard used to pick on you and say mean things when you were little didn't he?