Wednesday 21 April 2010

I SOILED MY PLANTS



I finally got around to filling the garden planters I assembled some time ago. I had already filled a third of each with the soil that I excavated from beneath the house and today picked up three trailer loads of 'potting mix' which was about 4 cubic metres. The neat thing about living out in the country is that there are all sorts of bulk supply places that sell stuff really cheaply. The 'potting mix' cost $20 a cubic metre - not bad when compared to garden centre prices. It was sold from a market garden place  just two bays away from where I live. I barrowed the lot up the back and filled the planters which are now ready for sowing. Of course I've left it pretty late so the only things worth planting are artichokes, shallots and silverbeet.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"I Soiled My Plants."
Spelling, Comeinyourpants!


if I told you what the word verification was, you probably wouldn't believe me!
(fanne)

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks Richard (of RBB). That heading was for you.
Well observed.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What I forgot to include in my post was that after moving about 40 barrow loads of soil I was hot and sweaty so as it was full tide in the early afternoon I went for a swim in the sea just across the road. Late April and the water was still warm (once you were in). Lovely,