Tuesday 27 April 2010

CORPORAL PUNISHMENT?


A teacher who bashed a pupil with a weight had warned his bosses he might hurt somebody, a British court has heard.
Peter Harvey shouted "die, die, die" as he attacked the teen with the 3kg dumbbell after he misbehaved in class, reports British news channel ITN.
The 14-year-old, who can't be named for legal reasons, was left with a fractured skull and cuts to his face.
Nottingham Crown Court heard the teacher was "well, happy and in a positive frame of mind" on the morning of the attack last July.

Mmmm. How much does a double bass weigh?

6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

A double bass would be an impractical object for attacking a student because it would be too heavy to lift like a club. I guess it would be more suited to being used as a battering ram to clear a doorway congested with students. Actually, a clarinet could be used to stab, like a sword, or one might choose a microphone stand for a mace like attack. Still, what music teacher can really go past the good old standby 'drop the piano lid on their sweaty little fingers'?

Richard (of RBB) said...

What was was Corporal Punishment in? Old Tony joke.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No. An old Richard is more of a joke.

Richard (of RBB) said...

You're 8 days older than that. Always will be.

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Saturday morning."

Hi, this is not a comment, but a comment blog. I invented the concept this morning and this is the first time I'm blogging on someone else's blog. I'm sure that Comeinyourpants will be happy with yhe help to revitalise his rather worn out blog! No need to thank me, Comeinyourpants.
Ah, I love SaTURDAY MORNING! oOPS i THINK I bumped the caps lock button! Sorry. I'll sign off now. There's practice to be done and I need to visit Aunty and Uncle Ian. We're having a birthday party for Uncle Ian tomorrow, but that's a story for another comment blog. Bye for now.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I feel violated