Wednesday 27 July 2011

MORE BALLS

The Old Girl reckons that my legacy to her when I kick the bucket will be the hundreds of golf balls That I have around the house. I love finding them. See:

http://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.com/2010/06/balls.html

Today as it was nice out I went to play a few holes of golf. When I got there I realised that I didn't have a single golf ball. They were all in the wash (I put the balls I find in the sink in the second kitchen to soak - it drives The Old Girl nuts).



Before I could play a hole I had to find a ball. I set off on the par 3 5th hole and sure enough found two balls in the scrub at the back of the green. I played about 9 holes in the sunshine and had a good time.
Oh. By the way. I found 28 golf balls in the creeks and bush. I've taken out the previous lot and now these ones are in the sink.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I feel sorry for Lyn.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

That's a lot of balls.
(Someone had to say it)

THE CURMUDGEON said...

went out this afternoon for a few holes. Sunday afternoons, particularly in the winter, are a bit quiet. It was a very still day - cool but with blue sky. I found 27 golf balls. On the first hole, in the creek at the back of the green I found 14! It was like Christmas. The sight of me staggering up the bank with the weight of 14 golf balls dragging my shorts down was not at all elegant and one that The Pink Paddler would disdain. The Old Girl, if she had been there would have said I looked like a bag of busted areseholes. Quaint expression that.