Friday 27 January 2012

WARRANT TIME

I got a new W.O.F. for the Rover today. Its a bloody good car, an oldie but a goodie. It goes like the clappers. See:

http://nzwineguy.blogspot.com/2008/05/dream-car-dream-wine.html


I look after it and really enjoy driving it. I've fixed the brakes. The tyres are legal and safe; It runs well but .... on the first test at VTNZ it failed. Why? One of the lights illuminating the number plate was out! One of them. It has two. This is a high spec'd car but two bloody lights illuminating the number plate? And, failing a W.O.F. bexause one of them was out. One! I thought that the previous testers were tough see:

http://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.com/2011/01/overprotection.html

I went to a local service station and luckily, amongst the bread, milk, videos and kiddies soft toys I found the right bulb to fit. I made the change in about 5 minues and went back to VTNZ and got the warrant.
What a bloody palaver. Where I live up North there are cars driving about with bald tyres, no doors, no suspension and all manner of liabilities including the unlicensed drivers. The world has gone mad.

13 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

With two bulbs to show it off, maybe you need a personalised number plate?
Comnurpnts - no still a bit long.
Wnkr - would work, as would - Grump.
Your mate could have - Winegi.

Anonymous said...

I The The missed my The The warrent The The too. They're pretty The The tough The The in Palmy The The The The The The. I need The The two The The new The The tyres.
The The The Guy

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"....such a mean old man.."

Richard (of RBB) said...

Where's the quote from?

Richard (of RBB) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I The The didn't get it The The either. Hey, The The who removed The The that The The comment?
The The The Guy

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"....lives in a hole in the road..."

Anonymous said...

I'm just astonished you got a warrant for a Rover!

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

What about IHATEDIK?
Anyway, the purpose of the WOF is to keep the unsafe off the roads. So why do they let women drive anyway?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

".....such a dirty old man...."

Angry Jesus said...

Curmudgeon, you're starting to sound like you're trying to by mysterious. Trouble is, I know what you're quoting.

Angry Jesus said...

Mean Mr Mustard sleeps in the park
Shaves in the dark, trying to save paper

Angry Jesus said...

See, I know everything. I am the friggin' Son of God after all!