Sunday 4 March 2012

AND I THOUGHT WE HAD SEEN THE LAST OF SUMMER

Friday night and Saturday was very stormy. We had the fringe of the 'weather bomb' whatever that is that hit the middle of the North Island. There was rain and high winds but fortunately no damage.
Sunday has been glorious all day. The sun has been shining, the sky has been blue, there has been no wind and the water is sparkling. We went for a long walk around the bay keepng mostly to the shoreline and went to places we have only kayaked to before. We made a mental note on a couple of spots to picnic at in the future. The Old Girl drove back this afternoon as she has to fly to Queenstown in the morning. As the day is so fine I'm staying through and will drive to work at 6AM tomorrow morning thus making the most of a nice evening. At times like this I'm glad that we made the decision to buy a house up here and also glad that I made the decision to reduce my working week to 3 days. I am recruiting an assistant at present so soon will be able to be up North for 4 day weekends each week. Kia Ora.



5 comments:

Tracey said...

Nice - the scenery, and the 4 day weekend scheme! I'm predicting a long, mild autumn ... lovely jubbly!

Valley Girl said...

Pleased for you that the 3 day working week has been approved.
Now you better brush up on your dusting technique, but in the name of work life balance don't neglect your golf swing.

I reduced from full time to 3 days a week 2 years ago. It was great.
I had my life back.

Richard (of RBB) said...

"I am recruiting an assistant at present so soon will be able to be up North for 4 day weekends each week."
Sounds good, those 4 day weekends. Well done, old chap.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks all. Life/work balance is important. I am now trying to get the Old Girl to swing something similar with her work or at least try ad work from home more.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Lovely view. I do feel a bit envious about your lifestyle. Just being able to walk along a quiet beach sounds so restful, as of course does the 3 day week.

I concur with VG regarding the dusting technique; start practicing.