Wednesday 7 August 2013

OBSERVATIONS FROM TORONTO - Why did the chicken cross the road?

I don't know but obviously it went nowhere near McDonald's.



I'm up early this morning having caught the train with The Old Girl. I got off a stop before her to search for the IKEA store.
I found it but it doesn't open until 10AM. How ridiculous is that? As it was only 7.20AM I went searching for a breakfast place.
I'm out in the sticks here, sort of an industrial area so no nice delis or coffee bars.
I found a McDonald's and ordered a latte (crap) and an egg bagel. This egg bagel should be investigated by DSIR. It is amazing how they can create a 'meal' with purportedly several different foodstuffs but manage to have no flavour whatsoever.
The bun is bland and with the texture of foam rubber. It looks as if it will never age - perhaps it is foam rubber.
There is tomato in it. The tomato is floury and has no flavour. None.
There is lettuce or at least some green stuff. It is limp and again has zero flavour. WTF?
The piece de resistance ( a bit of dual language there) is the signature ingredient, the egg. This is a slab of yellow stuff. It looks like carpet underlay and, if I ever eat carpet underlay I bet that it tastes the same. No chicken ever contributed to this stuff.


A funny thing I saw when crossing a 4 lane road to get to this 'restaurant'. Two huge Canadian geese were slowly crossing and cars all stopped to let them cross. Nice.

At least there's WiFi at this McDonalds.

7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

ha's not the egg you had. What was the store you were looking for?

Richard (of RBB) said...

"ha's" shouls say "That's"

Richard (of RBB) said...

"shouls" should be "should" - not long up; need another coffee.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Store was Ikea. Gave up and didn't wait around until 10AM
You make no sense.
Coffee might make it worse.

Let me get this right then. In the morning you make no sense because you are just up and need lots of coffee.
In the evening you make no sense because you have been drinking chardonnay.
During the day you teach children the benefits of double bass playing.....

,.... Now is it just me or is this a trifecta?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Happy birthday Nanook.

Tracey said...

It's your birthday? Well, Happy Happy Joy Joy to you.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

mmm You are in Canada and all you blog about is a McDonald's meal for all I know you could have been in Nouva Lazio mall.