Thursday 6 March 2014

LOCKED OUT OF THE BEDROOM!



Yep, you read the title correctly today I was locked out of the bedroom.

Not last night.
Thankfully.

The Old Girl and I have been together for over 26 years but she's never done that.
She might have threatened it but hey, I just remind her that I'm lovely and all is OK.

I must have bumped the little locking toggle on the back of the door when I was cleaning today.
.............................................................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................................

Yes.
You heard right.
WHEN I WAS CLEANING TODAY.
Housework.
Not just lying around getting a soft bum like Tracey suggests.

Last year when my sister visited I arranged a room for them in the guest suite in the apartment building we're staying in. This is a great facility being a luxury hotel-type suite at about $50 a night.
My sister managed to lock the bathroom door (she was on the outside) and had trouble trying to unlock it.The concierge (this apartment building has 24 hour concierge attendance with 4 guys working around the clock) was unable to open it and in fact managed to jam a tool in the door. The suite is on the 4th floor and we are on the 16th floor. My sister rang me and I came down and sorted it. I managed to remove the tool that 'Mr Fixit' had jammed in (he told my sister that an emergency locksmith call-out would cost her $200!) and I used an opened out large paper clip, j j j jiggled it about a bit and hey presto the door opened.

Today I no longer had said paper clip but found a wire rubbish bag tie that I fashioned to work the same. The 'privacy' lock on the bedroom door in this apartment is the same as in the guest suite.

J j j jiggling again did the trick. The Old Girl won't be able to lock me out!

Maybe I've discovered a whole new career.


or,










3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

It's good you don't clean often.

Unknown said...

I hope that doesn't happen everytime you clean the house. If it does, you should start investing on duplicate keys. Hahaha! Jokes aside, I'm glad you managed to get the door open. Plus, you now have assurance that you'll never get locked out of the bedroom again. Just be a bit more careful cleaning the house from now on, okay? All the best! :)

Joyce Roberson @ LockedOut-LockSmiths

Earl Mark said...

Wow! It must be frustrating to be locked out of a bedroom while you were cleaning! That is quite a story to tell the grandkids one day! But I’m glad that you were able to get the door open with a paper clip. Hey, those household tricks do work! Thanks for sharing this story.