Saturday 27 September 2014

GREEN ACRES

We followed Uncle Joe's directions to the Haney place, turning left at Sam Drucker's store and catching the Hooterville Express for the last 5 miles.

There it was. Good friends' Tony and Alisons pied-a-terre (literally) in the country.




Tiger country




"Miles from nowhere
I guess I'll take my time
Oh yeah, to reach there

Look up at the mountain
I have to climb
Oh yeah, to reach there. "

Well we made it, Mike and I and found Tony in his temporary accommodation he's installed while the house gets built.

Alison wasn't there as she's overseas at present (probably waiting until the house is built if she has any sense).



Tony took us on a tour of the property It's huge - over 20 hectares of farm, bush, forest, wetland and hills.

Lots of hills.




I liked it and would like something similar but I know that The Old Girl would veto the idea. It will be a magnificent property when they fully develop it. This should take about 20 years so when they're in their 80's they can sit back and enjoy it.


4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Thanks to Vic Mizzy...

Green Acres is the place to be.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Times Square

You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there.

Anonymous said...

It would be neat to try the life block thing.
Reminds me of a client who bought a block in Makara.
One day he got a call that his sheep were running all other the golf course and he had to leave the surgery to help round them up.
On another time some sheep he'd bought arrived with broken legs so he borrowed some plaster from the Hutt hospital and reset them in plaster. He said they were all fine in the end but walked with goose steps until the plaster was removed!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I like that guy.
The ex surgeon from Eastbourne I assume.

Anonymous said...

Yes.
But as an anecdote he said he only reset the sheep's legs because they had cost $18 a head.
I don't really believe that. He's a wonderful caring man.