Monday 8 September 2014

TREMBLING EH!

I watched John Campbell on TV3 tonight - not unnusual as I've recently moved over to this channel.


I used to be a TVOne stalwart but over the last few years the triteness, loss of journalistic values and overt employment of blonde bimboes has driven me away.


Anyway, as I said, I watched Campbell on TV3 and was particularly struck by a segment on the problems that Christchurch residents are having with trying, three and a half years later, to get settlement and resolution from the insurance companies and official bodies that have given them the run around and made their lives miserable.
Oh, and many are still living in a vitual refugee camp existence.

It resonated with me and I suddenly thought (before the woman being interviewed concluded with the comment "..I hope that Nicki Hagar is watching because there's a book in here..", that there is a film or TV series in here.

I am blessed with having intelligent, educated and talented friends. I reckon that between us we could knock together a TV series that encaptures the daily struggles, trials, hopes and aspirations of the 'inmates' down there.
The concept is in being a drama based on the interactions of a seemingly diverse group of people but underlying they all are connected through the Christchurch earthquake and subsequent issues and problems.

I'm sure that writing, organising, musical scoring, performing, marketing and business management is totally withing the experience and abilities of myself, Tony, Mike, Richard and his Bros and we could even find roles for Noel and Yort.



It's a great idea but as we all have day jobs it'll never happen.



With apologies (and a nod) to Treme.


5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

We could have a 'you avin a laugh?' type catch phrase.

Robert and the Catholics said...

Maybe yes. After all we have an interesting villain in Gerald Shirtcliff who faked a degree and built the CTF building.
Of course none of us have any idea what a real earthquake is like but that never stopped producers in Hollywood.
Mabe we need a think tank or did they go out in the 80's!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Think tank is good.
Maybe a catch up for a beer after the Last Waltz, sorry, the Last Prowse Brothers concert.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hey! We're big in Levin!

Tracey said...

I've moved to Campbell, too, if I watch anything at all. The tv1 content seems very light, and while I quite like Hosking as a person, some of his right wing views are highly irritating so close to election time.