Thursday 30 April 2015

TIME'S WINGED CHARIOT ...

So I'm getting old.



I like to think that I'm not as bad as some of the old buggers I see around who may even be younger than me but I'm getting old.

I avoid driving my car as much as I can as I want to keep reasonably fit.
I'm not 'a crank' about it but when up north I climb the small mountains and regularly do the bush walks but I'm getting old.

Some time ago The Old Girl (without my knowledge) was buying senior cinema tickets for me.
Now I do the same as I'm legally over 60. Soon I'll be getting a Gold Card.

I find myself now glancing through the obituary column in the daily newspaper to see if there's anyone I know there. I used to deride my mother for doing this, much to my shame and now find myself doing it.

For at least the last five years I've been getting grumpy.

I've long been grey, now almost white with not much bloody hair left. I'm getting old.

But........

It was a shock yesterday to be catching a bus and have a young woman stand up to offer me her seat.

Bloody hell!




2 comments: