Sunday 21 February 2016

BLUE?

..... only the sky and the water in the bay.




We've had a great weekend up at the bay.
I was in Auckland during the week and the Old Girl and I drove up here on Friday afternoon.
We arrived in time for a glass of wine or two on the deck while the late sun was still out - Pinot gris for her and Chardonnay for me and I cooked snapper and chips. Delicious.

Saturday was a mixed day of work and play:
Work - continuing to set up the house plus some employment correspondence by both of us.
Play - a decent 2 hour walk around the bays and a swim.

Sunday was more of the same but without the walk.

I drove the Old Girl into town to catch the 5.30 bus to Auckland and came back out to the house to finish the jobs she'd set for me and to prepare my dinner (chilli shrimps and fried rice. Yum.)

It was about 7.30 by the time I had it prepared and sat out on the deck to eat it with a big glass of Wooing Tree Pinot Noir. The sky was still blue but fading to pink at the Western edges (an auspicious sign for tomorrow) and an almost full moon popped up over Mount Manaia to the East.

I had put on Miles Davis' Kind of Blue on the iPod and turned it up loud so that the beautiful music drifted out to the deck (and maybe across the bay). Wonderful.



FLAMENCO SKETCHES

Note: No Italian language was harmed in the execution of this post.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I just about know that entire record/CD/ipod off by heart - solos and all. Felicità non si compra; that's for damn sure!

Robert and the Catholics said...

fuck

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, it was jazz.