Sunday, 24 April 2016
REMEMBERING
Well it's ANZAC Day tomorrow and for one of the very few times in the last half a century I won't be going to the Dawn Parade.
I'm not in Auckland this weekend and up here where I live there isn't a dawn ceremony.
Richard (of RBB) said that he's playing bugle (well trumpet really) at three events tomorrow playing the Last Post and Reveille. It's nice that he does this.
In Auckland my sister will be at the Dawn Parade as part of a Scottish Pipe Band. She's a drummer.
Good on her. I'm sorry that I'll miss seeing her playing.
It's a great thing in this country that people remember those who died in these appalling conflicts and people like Richard and my sister Kathy help make the events memorable.
The local club up here will have some kind of service in the mid-afternoon which I'll go to. I like to remember my father and my great-uncles when I attend these. My great-uncles were killed in the First World War - one at Gallipoli and the other in France. My father served in the Second World War and was wounded in Italy.
I've written posts about them.
See below:
IN THE NAME OF THE GREAT UNCLE
26 SEPTEMBER 1944
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Robert has taken a new tack and instead of going about loving everyone including sinners he has gone on the offensive like that old version ...
-
... from The Godfather. Michael Corleone taking Apollonia out on a 'date' and the couple followed by the chaperoning family. Rober...
-
I unpacked and hooked up the PlayStation 3 console yesterday and set up Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 golf game. This is the best of the seri...


No comments:
Post a Comment