Wednesday 22 February 2017

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY ...

... makes Jack a dull boy.

I don't know about Jack but I've been getting duller lately what with not working at a high level and only working part-time.

Am I bovvered?



Not in the least. I've discovered an excellent work/life balance that suits me fine.

This morning I did quite a bit of work (or a lot for me anyway), sorting out emails and organising some big sales.That left the afternoon for some recreation given that The Old Girl is in Auckland so housework and gardening weren't on the priority list.

The afternoon weather was great - sunny and no wind and the bay looked lovely so I went kayaking. I couldn't be bothered (bovvered?) getting the double/fishing kayak out  as it was all covered up with the kayak cover I bought off Trade Me and it requires putting on a trolley to take down to the water.
I used The Old Girl's single kayak instead which I can carry down.



I prefer kayaks with a rudder but the advantage of easier access outweighed the fankle of getting my kayak into the water. It was great with calm water and a quiet bay.


I tootled around for a while before coming back to our little beach and then went for a swim. The water is still reasonably warm so I stayed in for a while 'wallowing' (as The Old Girl describes it) before putting the kayak away, showering, and now enjoying a nice glass of chilled Rose.

8 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Have you had the experience of sitting in a kayak, any kayak, and looking at the bottom maybe 10 feet down and feel like your flying?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Have you ever just sat facing the incoming waves, bobbing softly up and down, and wondered of the glory of creation?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No

Richard (of RBB) said...

Have you ever urinated in a kayak?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Has Robert?

Richard (of RBB) said...

I mean, astronauts have to go in their suit sometimes. You can't really stand up and pee over the side of a kayak, especially if you're bobbing softly up and down facing the incoming waves and wondering about the glory of creation.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No