Wednesday, 23 September 2026

THE DOCTOR WAS RIGHT

 




Not Evil Doctor Richard ...


... but Good Doctor Richard his 'Kit' brother (a little musical history joke there for the readers).






A few weeks ago when I told Richard that I thought I had gout he suggested Allopurinol as a long-term fix. I admit that I was a bit scathing and suspicious after looking it up on Aunty Google and discovering the many side effects to this drug.

Three weeks later and my foot has been so sore I thought it must be something more serious than gout so eventually - after a 2 week wait got an appointment with my doctor today. She said that she believed it was a serious attack of gout and sent me off for blood tests for confirmation and prescribed Prednisone, a steroid, as a quick fix which I'll be taking for 2 weeks.

She also suggested Allopurinol as a long term treatment to begin after the two week period and when the uric acid levels in my system are confirmed.

I feel shame-faced.





1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'm pretty busy working in A&E at the moment, but that's good news!
Dr. Richard