I'm back so we can get on with some more important posts that have nothing to do with infinity proving to be limited and jams turning out to be sour. I saw that readers were being subjected to absolute diatribe on the other blogs so ... hold onto your hats folks and listen to this:
Trump dismissed safety warnings about artificial intelligence as a "hoax" comparing fears of an AI takeover to climate change skepticism and the Russia investigations.
He posted on social media that worries about AI destroying humanity or taking over the world are entirely fabricated and that the only necessary safeguard for the technology is a "strong and smart (High IQ!) president"!
Trump championed data centers and AI development, calling it a massive economic engine bigger than the internet or oil so I guess it's no surprise to learn that he, his family and close friends have invested heavily in this making hundreds of millions of dollars in the process.
I've warned of the dangers of uncontrolled AI on previous posts 'too many to mention'. Maybe I should create a weekly loop warning "DON'T TRUST AI"
.jpeg)

7 comments:
Where are the Thorndon jokes?
What did the pirate say to his skipper?
"AI cappin."
Thorndon jokes? Or Thorndon jokers?
They are both long gone I'm afraid as Marist Thorndon was closed down a long time ago. I believe that they emigrated to the Hutt Valley somehere.
What did the pirate say to his kipper?
"Smokin' hot me hearty".
I suspect Trump and RBB would get along just dandy.
AI is actually really, really scary as you say and the USA has no interest in building safeguards at the legislative level. The Hugging Face incident is really out there and a good example. Individual modules of AI circumvented all safeguards and hacked a resource. They ignored all human directives not to. The problem is in alignment. AI does not align with our social and moral values. We have a built in moral code, believe it not. AI does not. It's serious.
There is hope. One commentator talked of a token system that is involved with AI usage. I didn't understand it, but it seems that this is proving more expensive than actually just employing people.
Yes, I wrote some time ago about the similarities between Richard and Trump.
See: https://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.com/2024/01/what-do-these-two-jokers-have-in-common.html
Post a Comment