Sunday, 20 September 2026

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

Did you know that the United States military has confirmed for the first time that it deployed active space control weapons into Earth's orbit?

 US Air Force Secretary Troy Meink announced the deployment during the annual Air, Space & Cyber Conference on September 14, 2026.
Officials state the "on-orbit" weapons exist to protect US forces and infrastructure from hostile actions by adversaries.

The Pentagon has kept specific details and operational timelines classified but a 'Space Force' spokesperson stated these tools use both kinetic (physical impact) and non-kinetic (electronic or digital) methods. Officials say the systems can disrupt, degrade, or destroy enemy capabilities if necessary for defense or offense.

USA Military leaders justified the move by pointing to rapid Chinese and Russian development of anti-satellite technology.
As expected, China criticised the move, warning the United States against starting an arms race in outer space.
International law bans nuclear weapons and weapons of mass destruction in orbit. However, it does not explicitly ban conventional weapons. 


Can we trust these bozos?

Oops!




3 comments:

Rob said...

I take all that hype with a grain of salt. I think RBB agrees.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I’d take more than a grain of salt as protection when presupposing what Richard agrees to. He can be more of a grumpyguts than me and I refer to myself as a curmudgeon!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Long bows, Rob.