Friday 11 November 2011

"EXCUSE ME FOR BEING SO STRESSED BUT I'VE GOT NO FUCKING PUBES!"

Got your attention?
Good. That was a line from The Inbetweeners, a really funny British comedy currently screening on UKTV on Friday nights.


It is good and covers lots of those teenage angst scenarios we all know except that nowadays it is all aired whereas in my time this was all hidden.. I like the teachers who use sarcasm, cruelty and indifference to keep their charges in place. Tonight's story (not unlike the usual ones) concerns masturbation, lust over other friends mothers, lust over older girls, masturbation, anxiety over sexual performance, worry about the state of ones genitals and, oh yes, masturbation.
Its all good fun with liberal sprinkling of the 'fuck' word, a scene of one of the teenagers masturbating over a 1940's photo of one of the residents of an old people's home, shaking hands with an official representative with spunk on his hands etc etc. Quite normal really. Its just that this programme screened between 8.30 PM and 9PM. I'm not a prude but I think that standards are slipping. And, did I mention? They used the 'C' word at 8.45PM.

No comments: