Tuesday 14 February 2012

VALENTINES DAY - AGAIN

I note that nearly 60% of those polled by Yahoo think that Valentines Day is a load of cobblers.
I've never really cared about it but have bought the odd card or flowers.
Years ago when I was flatting in Brooklyn someone put an anonomous Valentines card in the letterbox. The card and envelope were done out in cut out letters the way a stalker would do it (I presume).




Thinking it was from my girl-friend I proudly put it on the mantelpiece. When she turned up and saw it she was much displeased and demanded to nkow who sent it. I was totally innocent and said so but I don't think she believed me.

Anyway, Valentines Day today is moot as The Old Girl is not talking to me. I don't know why. Honest.

7 comments:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Don't worry.

It's a constant state of male partnerhood.

The continuous uncertainty.
"What did I do wrong this time?"

It's like asking "How long is a piece of string?"

The answer really doesn't matter.

You're wrong.

Accept it and move on.

Wait for the next piece of intrinsic wrongness.

Unless


Did you give her a Valentine Day Card?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I didn't give her a Valentines card. I did present her with a single rose. She looked at it and said "that's the first time in 24 years that you have given me a Rose on Valentines Day, did you find it?" I had to admit that they were giving them away free at work.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Comeinyourpants, have I taught you nothing about women?
Buy her a poetry book - any poetry book will do, but not The Cat in the Hat.
She will read it and think that you read all the poems and found a significance for your relationship. This is a sure fire solution to any women problems. Trust me.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

"any poetry book will do"

Not true. I gave my Beloved the Roald Dahl poetry book, Revolting Rhymes, and she didn't express any indications of passion or even undying love.

Richard (of RBB) said...

You dick.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Yes.

That's why I tried the little blue pill.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a great story and the comments improve with the retelling!